Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome to ENG 101 04's blog central

Here is where you can connect to the weekly blogs of the members of our writing community this semester. I've chosen this site because it offers an authentic publication experience, including the flexibility of getting to design your own blog site. You select which blogging site you want to use and then send me the URL via email so that I can post it here.

Some of you may have already discovered the benefits (and challenges) of blogging. For the purposes of this course, weekly blogging helps address several course goals outlined in the syllabus:
  • practice in one of a variety of writing tasks that reflect authentic writing situations
  • a venue for sharing & discussing visual and verbal "texts" (including alphabetic, images, audio, etc.)
  • a collaborative environment for inquiry, invention & reflection
Each blog should be about 200-250 words and can be supplemented with links, embedded material and whatever else your blog site allows you to do. I encourage you to experiment, including posting a video or audio blog.

You are also responsible for reading your classmate's blogs, including mine. That's what community members do and how they learn from each other.

As a way of scaffolding the blogging process, I'll provide some prompts early in the semester in the class blog, but gradually you will take over this function too.

It'll be fun. You'll see.

BTW: This post is about 230 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment