Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post-Thanksgiving Sunday writing blues

Well, here we are on the last day of Thanksgiving break. It's Sunday morning and the plans we made to get caught up on our school work over the past five days have not worked out exactly as we hoped. For our ENG 101 class, you need to revise the third project you've chosen for your portfolio and post it by class time Monday, Nov. 30. Some of you are also catching up on late work from Monday:(

Lest you worry that your intrepid professor has spend her entire break with her feet propped up, watching TV, eating leftover turkey, and imagining new forms of torture for her students -- I've been working on three papers for my graduate classes and reading your postings from last week. Hopefully, I won't be up till 2 a.m. again working on school work, but it's already happened several times this past week.

Since no one has posted a blog yet for this week, I thought I'd post some additional inspiration. Here's one YouTube video that I think fits with the last-minute panic common to Thanksgiving break.



I also found this short piece with some helpful tips for revising college writing.



This is an excellent point to write a few sentences about doing work over a semester break. What you post here will be helpful for your final paper in the portfolio: your reflection.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment